Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Take Me As I Am"


Take me as I am, a man with many flaws.

A man that loves unconditionally, a man that loves without cause.

A man that loves far too much, a man who cannot hate.

I am what I am, I say what I say, despite what it may create. 

I think too much and feel even more; tell me, who should I be?

When my greatest friend and my greatest foe are both found within me?

I say too much and I'm too honest; how do I tell you what's true,

when lying to you hurts me, and telling you the truth hurts you?
When you get mad, I won't react; In anger, I become weak.

In anger I might say things I wish I did not speak.

... And so I don't speak, because I refuse to let my guard down, 

but when I don't speak, you think I don't care; tell me what I do now.

You despise me when I'm  with you and miss me when I'm away.

You couldn't stand me yesterday, but you say you love me today.

Take me as I am, and as in the years we've both been through...

Take me as the Flawed Man who loves too much and is sitting here waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!