Saturday, August 22, 2009

The thing(s) Obama is doing RIGHT

I know I give this administration a lot of criticism, I think it's only right that after all of it, I give credit where credit is due.

Addressing the need for Health Care Reform

Since 1994, we haven't seen a president so determined to reform health care in this country and make it more accessible for Americans. While I frequently criticize the Democratic party's plans to overhaul health care and put it in the hands of government bureaucrats who determine what is best for individual citizens, I applaud Obama's intentions on reforming health care. Taking over the health care industry is the worst possible scenario to fix the problem with insurance coverage among Americans and while Obama is unfortunately siding on the less-reasonable and credible option, (a "public option), he does in fact, mean well and it shows in his speeches and determination to pass some form of legislation. While it may be too early to decide if Obama has some hidden liberal agenda, his concern for the uninsured sounds genuine.

So yeah. That's basically it. Sorry for anyone who expected any more; its no secret I'm no fan of this administration's methodologies. Let me know what you like about this administration.

2 comments:

  1. If we want to "fix" healthcare, it must be through free market forces and competition. MORE government involvement leads to LESS competition and efficiency in ANY industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the thing about the health care industry is that while they post record profits, their customers' premiums are climbing just as fast. I don't believe in a government takeover of the health care industry; that's a disaster waiting to happen. I do though, believe that there isn't enough competition in the health care industry and this shows in the numbers. I don't want to demonize these very health care companies and start a class warfare debate but I think that something needs to be done about first, the large number of American families without health care and second, the American families who do in fact, have health care but are having too difficult a time to afford their coverage. While I don't agree with a "public option" as advocated by the Democrats and Obama; I do believe that we can't settle for the status quo and have to do SOMETHING. This does not mean, in my opinion, that government should dictate what the insurance companies do. Something productive and progressive needs to be done. Would you agree and what would you suggest?

    ReplyDelete

Comment here!