Saturday, January 2, 2010

Trying to figure out twitter: HELP!

A few months back, I got on the twitter bandwagon and decided I'd see what the big fuss is about. At this point, I'm not overly impressed with it; not because I don't think it has its potential.. I just don't know how to use it for what it's worth. Apparently it helps with networking but being on Facebook for so long, I'm not really sure Twitter can do anything that Facebook can't. Twitter's apparently something that you update regularly to let the world know what you're doing and 'tweets' are frequently updated so that depending on what words you use in your tweet, people can find what you're saying about a particular thing. I don't really understand what Retweet is all about but from what I've heard, apparently it's "rude" to make someone else's tweet your own and to give them credit for it; you "retweet"... I want to network. I want to interact with people all around the world and talk about issues I'm interested in and while I know Twitter can help me with all that, it's not very beginner-friendly; at least not to me. Someone out there... Explain to me please how to make Twitter work for me.. Work with me; I'm a noob, sorry.

- David Javier Solis

P.S. "Follow me" at DavidJSolis

2 comments:

  1. I have a hate/love relationship with Twitter, some people use it to send out subliminal messages to others or just to talk down on people but some people also share inspiration quotes and motivational words to people. It all depends on who you follow. I recommend RevRun

    ReplyDelete
  2. search.twitter.com

    learn about hashtags, and how to search for topics on them. Then you can connect to people that are talkin about topics that you like.

    ReplyDelete

Comment here!